Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Berlin weather

is horrible. I ask myself everyday why I moved from "sunny Seattle" to here! I have worn pants almost everyday. It has rained almost everyday or at least threatened to which makes one prepare for rain anyways.

I asked the people at the Rathaus if there is "immer Regen im Sommer?" (always rain in summer?) They just laughed. LAUGHED??!?!?!? Where is my summer and what is wrong with them????? I am sure all of you (well...maybe just 1 or 2 of you and my dear ole mommy who are reading) don't have any sympathy for me either. I can see the conversations now - "Poor Girl-she has to live in Europe for at least 2 years and she is sad about some rain"

I am writing this post in blue so as to signify how cold and wet it is here. They may continue to be in blue until I see the bleep bleep SUN!!!

Oh and there is a karaoke/Philippine/restaurant/bar downstairs a couple of doors down and I have to listen to them sing very bad songs. Not only very bad songs but very bad American songs!! I am listening to American Pie right now! The horror! The horror! (10 points to anyone who can name the book that my last quote came from!)

I swear I am not bitter...

5 comments:

Eric said...

Heart of Darkness?

Yelli said...

Whoa! You are good and fast. I loved that book in high school.

I will allow you to convert those points into German bier when you visit!

G in Berlin said...

For a while I was counting consecutive days of rain on my blog. I think I was at 100+ when the streak ended...

Seeing the sun in those few minutes it is available is important in fending off SAD. That's also why drs will prescribe sonnenstudios.

Timothy said...

Europe and its rain. It is such a connundrum (spelling?). When you get those beautiful days of sun finally it makes you forget all those gloomy days. Hang in there.

Kristin said...

well Danielle it is official, with me living in London and you living in Berlin, it seems weather is a forbidden topic that we are not allowed to speak with eachother about, otherwise it will put us both in a state of depression! Hang in there sis that's all I have to say because I went through the same thing last year. I will watch bode and you and Chris just take a trip to Portugal or something! he he trust me it helps just a little ;)4 weeks until I'm there!