1 1/2 cups unbleached flour (I use type 405) (170 g)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon allspice (called piment in Germany)
5 Weetabix , biscuits,crushed
1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed (found in Asian grocery stores in Germany) (65 g)
1 cup plain yogurt (I use 1.5% fat but any kind works)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter , melted (or 57g)
4 tablespoons honey
brown sugar , for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees or 180-200C. I have a convection oven and I use the pastry fan setting.
- Grease muffin cups or use paper baking cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and allspice. Stir in the Weetabix and sugar.
- Mix the yogurt and milk together in separate bowl and beat in the egg, melted butter, and honey.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. (do not overmix!)
- Scoop batter into the muffin cups and sprinkle a little more brown sugar on top of the batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes in conventional oven. Convection ovens only take about 5-10 min. (My oven took 7 min) Wait until the muffins have risen and are lightly golden brown.