Wednesday, December 17, 2008

How NOT to name your child...

Choosing a name is a very important part of having a child. In fact, when we named "Baby Bird," the Scientist and I almost felt like we had TOO much power to influence future events. For instance, we could have given him a name like the story in Freakonomics where they named their kid "Temptress" who then was arrested for having men in the house when no one was home or "Amcher" for what the parents saw in the delivery room. (the list can go on and on thanks to their research!)

However, for a bakery to deny making a cake for a child named after a infamous former German leader...this must be bad!

2 comments:

Kimber.G. said...

I still think of Radium when I think of little B! It would have been AWESOME! but I liked the name you picked too.

Yelli said...

I totally forgot about that. That was HILARIOUS! I think I had EVERYONE convinced to the point where parents were asking me questions about it in worried tones. The funny thing is that Radium kind of grew on me while I was pregnant. I started to think of Baby Bird as Radium before he was born!