Thursday, January 8, 2009

Got Chocolate?

While my parents were visiting, we decided to play tourist with them (you know because I am such a local now) and took a wonderful Berlin walking tour of which I would highly recommend. While on the tour, we came across this wonderful chocolate shop! It is called Fassbender & Rausch. It is located very conveniently right near Gendarmenmarkt.

Besides having the most delicious tasting homemade chocolate, they also have a lovely cafe where one can sit and drink hot chocolate and nibble on delicious chocolate desserts.

They also build incredible chocolate sculptures...

The Reichstag (or German Parliament building) complete with Chocolate glass dome.
A giant Weihnachtsmann made out of individual chocolate pieces!
The Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtnis-Kirche complete with bombed hole-in-steeple & newly built ugly modern churches next door!
And it wouldn't be Christmas without a real working bubbling chocolate volcano...
The best thing was the wonderful chocolate chips I bought! No more chopping giant chunks of chocolate bars for me!

I feel like Homer now...

2 comments:

C N Heidelberg said...

I was there when I went to Berlin this fall! The sculptures are pretty impressive.

planetgermany said...

Fabulous!

I'd definitely have given Santa a peck on the cheek!