Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What to do with a sick toddler...

Baby Bird woke up early and was definitely sick. So I stayed home with him and tried to make him feel a little better.

We played Haba's Obstgarten. This is a board game that even my 2 1/2 year old can play. I don't think it is found in the US, so if you have to buy presents for children aged 2-6, I would HIGHLY recommend getting it for them. The premise is that you have to "pick the fruit" before the crow eats it. It is very simple and helps the children learn colors and (cough cough) waiting their turn! This is also a great example of the great German made wooden toys. The wooden cherries and straw baskets are just adorable!

We watched Findet Nemo and lots of Thomas & Seine Freunde. We even built a new track and played trains. However, in this endeavor, I learned why I would be a very poor train track engineer. I still had a few tracks left over! I promise I will stick to my day job... :) (Kimber and Kayla-can you vouch for that?)

We also read some of his favorite books. His favorite books right now are the Leah series. They are self-published by an author named Cori Doerrfeld. We first found her name after recieving Brooke Shields children's book as a gift. (Although I would not necessarily recommend this book, the illustrations are astounding and Baby Bird loves them.) We looked her up and purchased the Leah series here.


I just recently heard that they will be published in hard cover under the title "Penny Loves Pink."

He also would drink nothing but Gatorade (Thanks Mom for the powder!) but kept calling it "saft." I guess it is kind of similiar to juice!

Anyways, if you know of any other ways to amuse sick little toddlers, please leave me a comment below!

No comments: