Friday, February 6, 2009

Flirt Express

Now I don't know about you folks who live in other parts of the world but I was surprised to see Valentine's Day being celebrated in Berlin. I was under the impression it was distinctly an American holiday meant to encourage people to celebrate consumerism before the Easter Bunny comes in April and after the holiday season from Oct-Dec.

There are chocolates, cards and stupid red and pink hearts everywhere I go in Berlin!

At the supermarket...

At the book stores...
Even the BVG (The public transportation in Berlin) is getting in on the action. If you are single and looking for your future partner to "bump into you on the train" now is your chance! Book your ticket on the Flirt Express!

On Feb. 13th, what could be more romantic than sitting in the same train you throw up in on weekends ride to work everyday to meet your new crush?

2 comments:

Jill said...

How about Peeps? Are there German Peeps?

Yelli said...

I have not seen any peeps anywhere for any season. However, I have not lived here in Germany very long! Maybe come Easter time I will start to see the yellow marshmellowy goodness?