Friday, March 27, 2009

Funny Foto Freitag

I thought I would have loads of funny pictures from Paris but believe it or not, I saw very few worthy of Funny Foto Freitags

This however, took the cake errr...croissant.

We found this guy in the Latin Quarter. The Latin Quarter is where Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Eliot Paul, James Thurber and other writers and artists hung out. It was the intellectual heart of the city given the proximity of the university Sorbonne (which incidentally is the subject of one of my favorite movie quotes - "My top schools where I want to apply to are Oxford and the Sorbonne. Harvard is my safety.") Extra Blog Credit to anyone who can guess the movie.

Unfortunately, it just seemed very touristy and gimmicky to me. I could be missing something. Anyways, would you eat at this restaurant?

hmmm....a goat on a basket. A little weird but...


OOOO LA LA!
Want to join in on the fun? Post your pictures below!

9 comments:

cliff1976 said...

Anyways, would you eat at this restaurant?

Sure I would. I'm a sucker for all goat products — meat, cheese, … uh, are there any other goat products?

Claire said...

Haha I thought the goat was real ;-) The animals on my picture are, anyways. Did YOU eat at the restaurant?

Yelli said...

@ Cliff- Have you eaten goat meat before? I haven't eaten it ever. I am not opposed to it I just don't remember seeing it. I love goat cheese though!

I was MORE bothered by the holes in the goat head. :)

@ Claire - We did not eat at the restaurant. We hardly ate at any restaurants sadly. With an almost 3 year old, we found it much easier to eat crepes on the go! :)

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

Nice pictures!

So glad I saw you over at Jen's (Heisse) I'd lost your blog!

So Smrt said...

Ick. I thought the goat was real, too! Then it took a moment to figure out how a goat could live with a giant hole in its head. No, I would not eat there. At best they have bad decorating taste, at worst you have goat brain hamburger!

Claire said...

Don't worry, in my opinion French food is highly overrated anyway, and crêpes are delicious!

Snooker said...

Rushmore!!!

Yelli said...

@ Snooker - COngrats! You are the Winner of my movie quote contest. And none too soon since I was getting worried that no one recognized my favorite movie! :)

cliff1976 said...

@ Cliff- Have you eaten goat meat before?

Yes, I have, and I found it tasty. I know I've had it at least once, but I can only clearly recall one instance. It was at Tastefest in Detroit in the early 2000s and it was grilled with a greenish curry sauce on it wrapped in a pita. The flavor was definitely gamier than veal or pork, kind of the way duck tastes richer and more intense than chicken. And yet it was also quite distinct from lamb. I'd eat it again, for sure.