Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We are going to a biergarten....no matter what!

I think I wrote this before but we have had a May-June marathon of visitors here at Schloss 50%. I love having guests. Now that I am a local, (cough, cough) it is easy to forget just what a wonderful and different city Berlin was to me almost a year ago. Guests make me realize how lucky I am to live in this city as I start to see things through their eyes again!

One of our visitors was a high school friend who knew the Scientist and I (independently I might add and was quite surprised to find out we were married). He came with his lovely family. Since we all have small children, we decided to hang out at one of the lovely biergartens with a playground sandbox called Cafe am Neuen See in Tiergarten.

We knew there was a chance of rain but the kiddios wanted to go outside and so we chanced it.

I will give you one guess as to what happened...

Gewitter!


mmmm...soggy pizza!

I am still smiling though. Biergartens make me happy even in downpours....


We got home eventually but we were soaked! This biergarten is easily a 15 minute walk away to any train or bus.

Moral of the story? They will still serve beer, even in a thunderstorm. Take your chances!

5 comments:

Gracey said...

No matter the rain, it still sounds fun!

Claire said...

Ah you can't not love Biergartens :-) They're always great and most of the time they have this jummy, simple food!

lettershometoyou said...

Hiya yelli... you get a new bike yet? I finally came through with a bike lock post, made especially for you.

Snooker said...

Ah, the Biergarten. Try Loretta at Wannsee, I seem to remember lots of kiddies having a good time around there. At least the trees cover you from the worst downpours. Great place to quench your thirst after a nice bike ride.

Alyssa said...

I like that Biergarten too! Too bad about the rain...
Let's hope for summerlike weather soon!