Thursday, August 20, 2009

Funny Foto Freitag - special heat edition

With the heat wave that swept most of Germany yesterday, (Berlin was 32C or 90 F!), I am sure most of you wanted to sit back and drink some delicious fruity beer. A Radler maybe? (sparkling lemonade or Sprite/7-Up and beer-don't knock it till you try it!)

Well, here is what I found while perusing the beer section.


Yes folks, that is banana and beer. together. I wonder if this makes any Germans still upset about the recent appeal of the Reinheitsgebot or Germany Beer Purity Law from 1516.

Still thirsty? (And no my minions, I will not try this-not even for you!)

As usual, if you folks want to play along, please leave me a comment in the comment section below!

Other Contributors:
  1. Fiona @ Living the land of chocolate shows us some princess jewels a bit inappropriately labeled!

6 comments:

seb said...

Mmmh. Try it, it's great! Sweet Weizenbier with a dash banana "juice": very refreshing!
Here in the south it's common almost like radler and you can get it in many bars. But I must admit that I haven't seen it bottled before :)

cliff1976 said...

I rather like the banana and clove overtones in some varieties of Hacker-Pschorr Weizenbier. Of course, that comes from their choice of pure ingredients and not from and extra flavorings as shown in your product.

And, to be fair, a Radler is really more of a Sprite/7-up (weiße Limonade) than a lemonade. When I lived near Bonn, we used to drink Kölsch-Colas — and I wouldn't do that again — probably because we were sixteen and not yet fully appreciative of a nice 0,2 cylinder of Gaffel.

Amber Liddle said...

Yes, I remember a friend from Germany coming to visit with a cola/beer smuggled in her suitcase. It was pretty gross...I actually really like the radler, but banana kind of scares me.

Fiona said...

We wanted to join in this week and share our funny photo. It is on my blog here:
http://livinginthelandofchocolate.blogspot.com/

I think banana beer sound pretty disgusting, but if I saw it in the shop then I would probably have to try it!

Yelli said...

Even though I lived outside of Munich in the 90's, I don't remember seeing banana beer.

@cliff - Du hast Recht. I see it more often up here in the North with Sprite so I edited the post.

honeypiehorse said...

OK, yuck!