Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Airfare: buy now or wait?

That time of year is here for expats to decide where they are going to spend their holidays. I usually hate traveling over the holidays and have avoided it successfully for many years but having a young child complicates things...

For those of you wanting to travel over the holidays, I recommend reading the following 2 pieces.

The first one tells you to buy if you see a deal but really you should wait because last year prices went down...

The second article tells us prices are not going down this time around. They are going up as airlines have reduced the number of flights.

It feels like a bit of a chicken and egg argument though, doesn't it? (oder?) Did they increase because the NYtimes said the were going to increase causing panic for all of those who were waiting? Not exactly a hard science is it?

We recently bought a ticket back to the States for Christmas and will be heading back for the first time since we moved here. I am sure we will let you know all about our culture shock once we arrive. I am just excited to have access to these...

I am happy to share with you the price we got. Just leave me a comment below.

1 comment:

J said...

I buy my yearly end of year ticket to Asia early. Usually in June or July. Sure, I could probably play airfare roulette, but I'd rather not. Deals are plentiful when I buy.