Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Update on Skype

still here, still pregnant...Hoping the Berlin summer stays a Berlin summer (in other words-cold!)

As there are a few expats who read my blog, I thought I would update everyone on the Skype problem we had.

It turns out, we had a nasty little virus that inserted itself into our skype files. I am guessing that is the culprit of our hacked account. Why our nice anti-virus program didn't find it but this FREE one did (you also have to download Clam) is still a mystery to me.

I am still upset at the fact that their customer service is so poor but it seems to be the way things are going around here lately. I hope more companies don't fall into this business model. I know we will be looking to change when our contract expires soon.

And yes, I still blame Skype for leaving their software open enough to hacking & viruses. We can't be reasonable all of the time can we? :)

No comments: