Saturday, November 20, 2010

In the meanwhile...

We have just gotten back from visiting family in the US and finally introducing Baby Bird and Igel to the phenomenon known as Halloween. More about that later...

However, while I am recovering from jet lag and trying to get the baby to sleep by himself for more than 10 min, please take a look at one of my favorite expat blogs, Keeping the Bear-Garden in the Background.

T writes this blog as an expat in Paris. This blog is everything that I want my blog to be; witty, well-written and chock full of hilariousness. The photography alone is stunning enough to merit a visit. If only...

Clarence, a hilarious segment exploring the culinary arts of Paris, includes a macaroon battle entitled"Hungerdome" to discovering Vietnamese Pho. And luckily for her readers, Clarance goes on vacation to give us insights into other places such as Corsica.

But it isn't only about food... (is there anything besides food?) There are also interesting sections on art and goings-on in Paris. Should you ever be lucky enough to find yourself in Paris, this is the blog to check out. And if you don't ever go to Paris? Well, you can still read it and enjoy how she casually does an in-depth character analysis of Mary McCarthy's The Group and turns it into a post about a Jewish deli in Paris and ends with a recipe for latkes.

So give this blog some love until I can start figuring out how to blog one-handed... :)


full disclosure: I am honored enough to call her a friend but I would still read this blog among blogs even if I didn't have an interest in expat life. :)F

2 comments:

cliff1976 said...

Nachwuchs Nr. 2 = "Igel"!?!?!

Ich liebe es!

How did I miss that memo?

Annie @ PhD in Parenting said...

I may have just the help you need with regards to blogging...

http://www.phdinparenting.com/2010/03/30/nursing-at-keyboard-nak-how-to-give-boob-and-type-too/